- Effective May 20, 2019
- What personal data we collect
- Legal bases for processing
- How we use your personal data
- Disclosure of personal data to third parties & data processors
- International transfers of personal data
- Your rights & controlling your personal data
- Business transfers
- Limits of our policy
- Changes to this policy
Here are the quick highlights.
If you don’t sign in with Twitter. The only personal data this website collects is server log data and anonymized usage data via Google Analytics. We don’t know who you are.
If you do sign in with Twitter. We save some publicly accessible info from your Twitter profile: your Twitter ID, display name, and username—as well as your avatar, bio, and URL if you’ve set those.
We will not sell or share your personal data for any reason. Upon request, we will correct or delete any personally identifiable data we’ve collected about you.
What personal data we collect
Sir Stratalot may collect and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Log data. When you visit our website, our servers may automatically log the standard data provided by your web browser. It may include your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and version, the pages you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on each page, and other details. We don’t use this data to identifiably associate you with your site visits or usage.
- Data from third parties. If you sign in to Sir Stratalot with Twitter, we save some publicly visible info from your Twitter profile: your Twitter ID, display name, and username—as well as your bio, URL, and avatar image URL if you’ve set those. We don’t collect any other data from Twitter, nor will we ever post to your Twitter account.
- Data you generate while using the site. By interacting with Sir Stratalot while signed in with Twitter, you may generate data about your interactions that we save and associate with your Sir Stratalot account. Specifically, we store what links you’ve ‘liked’ and any links you submit.
Legal bases for processing
We will process your personal information lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner. We collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so. These legal bases depend on the services you use and how you use them, meaning we collect and use your information only where:
- it’s necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract (for example, when we provide a service you request from us);
- it satisfies a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your data protection interests), such as for research and development, to market and promote our services, and to protect our legal rights and interests;
- you give us consent to do so for a specific purpose (for example, you might consent to us sending you our newsletter); or
- we need to process your data to comply with a legal obligation.
Where you consent to our use of information about you for a specific purpose, you have the right to change your mind at any time (but this will not affect any processing that has already taken place).
We don’t keep personal information for longer than is necessary. While we retain this information, we will protect it within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification. That said, we advise that no method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure and cannot guarantee absolute data security. If necessary, we may retain your personal information for our compliance with a legal obligation or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
How we use your personal data
We may collect, hold, use and disclose information for the following purposes and personal information will not be further processed in a manner that is incompatible with these purposes:
- to authenticate you as a user, and enable your access to and use of website services as an authenticated user (by using third party data from Twitter);
- to enable you to customize or personalize your experience of the website (by using your Sir Stratalot account data and data you generate while signed in).
- to understand how people use the site and how we can improve it (by using automatically collected, non-personally identifiable log data);
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties & data processors
We may disclose personal data to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, hosting and server providers, ad networks, analytics, error loggers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators; and
- third parties to collect and process data.
Sir Stratalot uses the following data processors with personal data we collect from you:
International transfers of personal data
The personal information we collect is stored and processed where we or our partners, affiliates and third-party providers maintain facilities. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to the disclosure to these overseas third parties.
We will ensure that any transfer of personal information from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) to countries outside the EEA will be protected by appropriate safeguards, for example by using standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission, or the use of binding corporate rules or other legally accepted means.
Where we transfer personal information from a non-EEA country to another country, you acknowledge that third parties in other jurisdictions may not be subject to similar data protection laws to the ones in our jurisdiction. There are risks if any such third party engages in any act or practice that would contravene the data privacy laws in our jurisdiction and this might mean that you will not be able to seek redress under our jurisdiction’s privacy laws.
Your rights & controlling your personal data
- Restrict. You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below. If you ask us to restrict or limit how we process your personal information, we will let you know how the restriction affects your use of our website or products and services.
- Access and data portability. You may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. You may request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Where possible, we will provide this information in CSV format or other easily readable machine format. You may request that we erase the personal information we hold about you at any time. You may also request that we transfer this personal information to another third party.
- Correction. If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
- Notification of data breaches. We will comply with laws applicable to us in respect of any data breach.
- Complaints. Upon request, we will delete your Sir Stratalot account and all data it contains.
- Right to object. If you believe that we have breached a relevant data protection law and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to contact a regulatory body or data protection authority in relation to your complaint.
- Unsubscribe. To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
If we or our assets are acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, we would include data among the assets transferred to any parties who acquire us. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any parties who acquire us may continue to use your personal information according to this policy.
Limits of our policy
Our website may link to external sites that are not operated by us. Please be aware that we have no control over the content and policies of those sites, and cannot accept responsibility or liability for their respective privacy practices.
Changes to this policy
To contact us regarding this policy or your personal data, please email privacy at sirstratalot dot com.
Data Controller for Sir Stratalot
eugene at sirstratalot dot com